Do you think you have what it takes to elope to Las Vegas? We all know that when it comes to getting married, this is the best place for you to go. It is easy to secure a license and you can actually get married all in one day!
Do you think you can elope to Las Vegas?
But then again, do you really want to elope? Some people want to get married surrounded by everyone they love. They want the traditional ceremony and the lavish reception.
Well, there is a certain appeal to eloping and going to Las Vegas – that is for sure. It is one of the most stress-free places to get married in. And we all know that is not the only reason to want to go to Vegas.
After all, this is Las Vegas we are talking about. It is the City of Sin! People come here to have fun. You can elope to Las Vegas and have your honeymoon – all in the same place! Of course, you do not really have to be alone in this. You can bring your family and close friends to join you. Since it will be a destination wedding, the people you will be bringing with you will only be a few. Unless they will pay for their own travel expenses, this will quickly become too expensive if you invite a lot of people.
What to do when you elope to Las Vegas?
In case you do decide to elope to Las Vegas, what do you need to do to prepare for your wedding? Here are some tips.
- Pick the date. This is very important as it will help you schedule all the things that you have to prepare before you go. It should give you enough time to pack and tell those you want to be with you to come with you to Vegas – if there are any. The chapels and wedding venues in Las Vegas are open every day, 24/7. Try not to book your wedding during holidays or Valentine’s Day because there will be a lot of people getting married during those dates.
- Get a marriage license. You need to do this when you get to Las Vegas. This is very easy so it should not be a problem. There is no waiting period. In fact, you can get it on the same day of your wedding. Just complete the application form (one for each) and submit it with a photo identification (e.g. passport).
- Decide on what you want. This means deciding on the wedding details like the theme, etc. Do you want to be married by a priest or one of the quirky characters available to officiate a marriage? Where do you want to get married?
- Choose a venue. You can get married at the Office of the Clark County Commissioner of Civil Marriages. Or you can let Elvis marry you. You have a lot of choices – from wedding chapels to hotel, etc.
- Get your outfits. Even those who elope to Las Vegas need to have the proper attire when they get married. So take your time to consider what you and your spouse-to-be will wear. You don’t really need an entourage for your wedding in Las Vegas – but that is up to you.
- Finalise the details. When all of these are done, you can start going through all the details – accommodations, reception venue, etc. These will depend on the number of people who will go with you.
Once you have married the love of your life, you have a lot of options for the honeymoon. You can visit one of the many casinos in the area to celebrate. You can play various casino games like Blackjack, Poker, Roulette – the choice is yours. There are also a lot of slot machines for you to enjoy – as long as you do it with your new spouse.